These unspoiled 9 pearls of the Atlantic Ocean are just like a little Hawaii for the Portuguese. Characterized by a huge biodiversity & wildlife, with one of the biggest diving centres in the world and the biggest tea plantation in Europe.
Azores is known for the vibrant green landscapes everywhere, hidden waterfalls and natural hot springs powered by its volcanic activity. These islands mix the Portuguese typical city centres and a rich ocean commercial activity with exotic pineapples plantations, hydrangeas separating lands instead of fences and traditional dairy Farms.
Arrival transfer from Ponta Delgada International Airport to the selected hotel. Overnight.
Breakfast and overnight at the hotel. Day at leisure or
1. Walking tour at Ponta Delgada’s historic city centre – guided walking tour through this flat, modern and cosmopolitan city to observe its main monuments, the traditional Farmers Market and obviously the connections between these islands and the ocean.
2. Buggy or Jeep tour up to the Mountains of S. Miguel Island – discover the green and lush mountains of Azores island and its traditional trails.
3. Jeep tour to Sete Cidades and “Back to the Roots” activity – we will take several off-road tracks, finishing our day baking fresh bread or biscuits, milking a cow and tasting regional products.
4. São Miguel West Full day Tour - excursion to Sete Cidades (Seven Cities) to enjoy the amazing views of the island along the mountain road including stop at the main viewpoint. The itinerary continues to Fogo Lake, Caldeira Velha (Natural thermal activity), Ribeira Grande, ending with a visit to a Pineapple Greenhouse with the opportunity to learn its unique growing techniques.
5. Visit to Furnas – Tour to the hot thermal springs of an active volcano, guided nature walk to discover the beautiful surroundings and taste the traditional “Cozido”, a stew from the region, cooked beneath the ground using the heat from the surrounding thermal springs. You will have also the opportunity to visit the tea factory Gorreana.
6. Yoga Lesson - a relaxing and health activity while enjoying a breathtaking view on top of a cliff or in a beautiful garden overlooking the ocean (location can be changed depending on the weather)
7. Dolphin & Whale watching half day Boat tour – Whales and dolphins are regularly seen during our tours, along with turtles, seabirds and other marine wildlife.
8. Water sports: Big Game fishing, Kayaking, Scuba Diving*, Snorkelling, Windsurf, Stand-up Paddle, you name it – there’s a whole ocean awaiting with one of the most important biodiversity in the world.
Breakfast at the hotel. Check-out and transfer to Ponta Delgada International Airport.
• Private transfers Ponta Delgada International Airport / selected hotel / Ponta Delgada International Airport
• Hotel accommodation (2 nights in one of the selected hotels) in Bed and Breakfast basis
Services not included:
• Optional activities (prices upon request)
• Local tax
For Natural Landscapes, hot springs and mother nature lovers. Outdoor activities, wild animal life & traditional food seekers!